Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Red Ryder #2 is done


Red Ryder #2 is off the bench and in the rack. Here are some pictures of the effort.



As you can see this is sporting my new Martini style cocking lever, it's also got a .250 thick all steel trigger that is finished bright but due to my deplorable 'Photo Stand' it looks blue. It's not, it's silvery shiny. The stock on #2 is a two piece glue up from roughly 1" thick curly maple. I like this style stock because it adds heft to these little guns and helps them really stand out.



I also hand file the bottlecaps to remove dents and dings and highlight the bronze ring around the bore. Not needed but much better appearance.


This is a view of the buttplate. All my Daisy rest-o-mods have buttplates. They're fire blued like all the other bits and do help keep the guns from getting damaged.



Here's the roll stamp lightly highlighted by some gold stick.

Red Ryder #3 is in process and should be finished by the weekend. I'll post when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment