Monday, May 16, 2011

Georgia House District 113 Special Election Update

What does this image have in common with the filing records for the Special Election in Georgia House District 113 down to the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission?

MMMMM?

That's right, zero people dashed in bright and early to take a crack at the seat being vacated by State Rep Henry Huckaby who's headed for the verdant fields of chancellorship or something.

It's not that uncommon in a special election to have everybody who's planning to run show up on the last day to qualify. I suppose there's a feeling that last minute filers can somehow seize the news cycle for the day and maximize the impact of paying the state $400 for the chance to compete for a pretty cool part-time job. I'm told it looks good on a resume if you've actually been one the the grandee's of the state house.

I'm still hoping that some stalwart third party individual will emerge from the wilderness out there in HD 113 and administer a good ass-whuppin' to which ever republicans or democrats enter the fray. Of course at the current rate of filing, the good folks of HD 113 might find themselves without a representative for the redistricting clash later this year.

I wonder if it would be possible to file as "Undecided"?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm...I thought your post was rather clever. I wonder why no one commented.

    While I still have no idea who is running or who I should vote 4, u plenty much said what I fear.

    And drat! I've got several pals long time outa werk...Just damn!

    ReplyDelete