Wednesday, July 7, 2010

OK, Time to Declare that the Fat Lady has Sung in The Peach Pundit Online Poll for Insurance Commissioner


Looks like Gerry Purcell won big time.

The poll itself is still running over at Peach Pundit but I've made a command decision to call the event a clean win for republican candidate Gerry Purcell. He has an nearly overwhelming 46% of the votes cast so far and is uncatchable unless one of the other candidates can mobilize an astroturf effort to flood the zone.

Here are the results:






If the Republican Primary for Commissioner Of Insurance were held today, for whom would you vote?
Dennis Cain 1% (18 votes)
Rick Collum 0.2% (4 votes)
Seth Harp 29% (513 votes)
Ralph Hudgens 8.3% (146 votes)
Tom Knox 3.2% (56 votes)
John Mamalakis 0.8% (14 votes)
Stephen Dale Northington 1.5% (26 votes)
Gerry Purcell 46.1% (815 votes)
Maria Sheffield 6.8% (121 votes)
Undecided 3.1% (55 votes)
Total Votes: 1,768


Hopefully this online poll is not reflective of the election on the 20th, I've said it before and I'll say once more, I really want Maria Sheffield on the ballot. Not Gerry Purcell.

2 comments:

  1. Why on earth would you want NOxendine's candidate to win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    I believe that I'll do better in a race that features a republican female vs a democrat female. Being the only male candidate in the Insurance Commissioner race should translate into 20% of the ballots cast. If I am successful in reaching the Libertarian fiscal conservative base and effective in our appeal to our second amendment brothers, I think I could tack another 15% onto the vote and wind up in the run off I will cause. That would be a big victory for Liberty and move ballot access closer to the goal line.

    That's why I want to face off with Maria and Mary, not Gerry and Mary.

    ReplyDelete